Sensory Blocks - R420 for 6 blocks
R420 for six blocks. If you require more or less than six blocks please email us directly on firstname.lastname@example.org to place an order.
Sensory experiences are vital for young children's brain development. According to renowned occupational therapists, providing opportunities for children to actively use their senses as they explore their world through ‘sensory play’ is crucial to brain development – it helps to build nerve connections in the brain’s pathways.
Children rely on sensory input to learn about their environment, and sensory blocks help them to explore a range of textures and sensations and to stimulate their senses of sight, sound, and touch. This leads to a child’s ability to complete more complex learning tasks and supports cognitive growth, language development, gross motor skills, social interaction and problem solving skills.
Sensory blocks encourage natural curiosity and investigative skills, helps them to develop their fine motor skills, as well as coordinate their movements to feel the different textures. From the very first day they are born, children are designed to explore the world via their senses. As the child develops trust and understanding of these textures it helps build positive pathways in the brain to say it is safe to engage with this object. Sensory play literally helps shape what children believe to be positive and safe in the brain - ultimately, shaping the choices children make and impacting their behaviour.
Benefits to Sensory Play
1. Research shows that sensory play builds nerve connections in the brain’s pathways, which lead to the child’s ability to complete more complex learning tasks.
2. Sensory play supports language development, cognitive growth, fine and gross motor skills, problem solving skills, and social interaction.
3. This type of play aids in developing and enhancing memory.
4. Sensory play is great for calming an anxious or frustrated child.
5. This helps children learn sensory attributes.
The Sensory Blocks have been designed in consultation with many experts in childhood development including parents, teachers, occupational therapists and play therapists.
The Sensory Blocks are hand made in South Africa. Each block is totally unique and can be personalised. All materials including paint, adhesives and other products used to manufacture the blocks are child friendly and non-hazardous. The blocks are sturdy and well-made, and suitable for children from a young age.
If you would like your Sensory Blocks to be personalised with a name you are welcome to contact us to discuss. R70.00 per block.
• Width: 7cm
• Height: 7cm
• Depth: 7cm
• Safe and sturdy recycled wood/eco-friendly wood
• Handmade by skilled artisans