With lots to see and heaps to do, a Busy Box allows your child to use play-time to constructively learn important life skills. Push, pull, zip, fasten, manoeuvre a car around a track, open doors, switch lights on, and tie shoe laces. Children will love playing with this bright and colourful Busy Box, which has numerous activities to help them explore and learn the how-to of everyday tasks - all in one place!
Some of the developmental benefits of the Busy Box include:
- Build Fine Motor Skills: There are two main types of motor skills your child develops - fine motor and gross motor skills. Gross motor skills deal with the coordination of large muscle groups and are responsible for activities like running, walking, balancing etc.
Fine motor skills are those that require the ability to use and coordinate small muscle groups, which are important for writing, colouring, tying shoe laces, buttoning and zipping - among other things. The Busy Box encourages natural curiosity and investigative skills, while helping your child to develop his/her fine motor skills and coordination.
- Through actively using their senses, it helps to build nerve connections in the brain’s pathways. This leads to a child’s ability to complete more complex learning tasks and supports cognitive growth, language development, gross motor skills, social interaction and problem solving skills.
- Developing and enhancing memory
- Having loads of fun both independently as well as in a group, without relying on others for happiness and entertainment. It also helps to build self-confidence and social independence which enables children to feel comfortable in any situation.
The Busy Box has been designed in consultation with many experts in childhood development including parents, teachers, occupational therapists and play therapists.
The Busy Box is hand made in South Africa. Each piece is totally unique and can be personalised. All materials including paint, adhesives and other products used to manufacture the boxes are child friendly and non-hazardous. The boxes are sturdy and well-made, and suitable for children from a young age.
If you require a specific colour and wish to have your Busy Box personalised with a name you are welcome to contact us to discuss.
• Width: 50cm
• Height: 50cm
• Depth: 50cm
• Hand Painted, Non-Toxic, Lead Free Water-based Paint, Washable
• Safe and sturdy recycled wood/eco-friendly wood
• Handmade by skilled artisans
Note: The components of the Busy Box may vary slightly from item to item depending on stock availability.
14 day lead time required for production. Nation wide shipping available.